Domain Registration Agreement – Updated 16/06/2021
This agreement runs along side our Terms of service which can be found at: https://www.surehost.co.uk/tos please refer here for definitions & explanations of terminology.
Your domain registration will be effective upon the following:
- You accepting our terms of service during the ordering process
- Sure Host as its sole discretion accepts your registration application.
- Sure Host receives payment for the registration / renewal or reinstatement of your chosen domain.
- Sure Host can deliver the required information to the relevant registry administrator and they are able to put in to effect the registration.
Limitation of Liability
You understand that Sure Host does not control all aspects of the processes required to register domains. The information you submit is forwarded by Sure Host to an appropriate registry administrator who actions the actual registration. Sure Host is not responsible for any inaccurate information submitted by you or the registry administrator. Sure Host will not be held liable or refund a domain registration due to spelling errors or typos.
Multiple Domain Registrations
Sure Host reserves the right to refuse to register multiple domains. This is in accordance with ICANN policies.
Payment / Fees
You agree to pay Sure Host in advance of registration of a domain & for any associated products via the selected payment method indicated during the ordering process. All fees are non refundable in the event that your registration is suspended/cancelled or transferred prior to the end of your registration term. It is the responsibility of the listed registrant for the domain name records to be maintained , these may be needed to prove ownership of the domain in the future.
Sure Host reserves the right to make changes to fees, surcharges and renewal fees. Under these circumstances Sure Host will give 30 days notice of the changes.
In the event of a “Charge Back” you agree and acknowledge that Sure Host will transfer ownership to itself as the paying entity. We reserve the right to make the domain available to other parties for purchase. Sure Host also reserve the right to lock your account and any other domains held until we receive payment for administrative fees / Charge Back fees. At Sure Hosts sole discretion we may elect to reinstate your domain registration, subject to receiving the correct fees as above.
Required Domain Registration Information
As part of the domain registration process and in accordance with ICANN policies, a Registered Name Holder is required to submit, and update within seven (7) days of any change, complete and accurate information, including the following (collectively, the “Registration Information”
- Domain Registrants Name & Postal Address
- Domain Being Requested
- Admin contact details: including Name/Postal Address/Email Address/Phone Number/Fax (if applicable)
- Technical contact information: including Name/Postal Address/Email Address/Phone Number/Fax (if applicable)
- Billing contact information: including Name/Postal Address/Email Address/Phone Number/Fax (if applicable)
Sure Host is required to keep submit and keep up to date. Information may include:
- The original creation date of the domain registration;
- The submission date and time of the registration to us and by us to the proper registry;
- Communications (electronic or paper form) constituting registration orders, modifications, or terminations and related correspondence between you and us;
- Account records for your domain registration, including dates and amounts of all payments and refunds;
- The IP addresses of the primary nameserver and any secondary nameservers for the domain;
The corresponding names of those nameservers;
- The name, postal address, email address, voice telephone number, and where available, fax number of the technical contact for the domain;
- The name, postal address, email address, voice telephone number, and where available, fax number of the administrative contact for the domain;
- The expiration date of the registration; and Information regarding all other activity between you and us regarding your domain registration and related services.
Use Of Registration Information & Additional Registration Information.
You agree and acknowledge Sure Host will make available the registration information to ICANN, to other Third party Registry Administrators such as Nominet, VeriSign, Global Names Registry Ltd amongst others.
You agree and acknowledge that ICANN and the registry administrators may establish limits, guidelines or requirements that relate to the amount and type of required information that must be made available to the public. You agree to consent to any such disclosures with any information provided by you in connection with your domain name registration. You hereby irrevocably waive any and all claims and causes of action that may yet arise or have arisen from such disclosure or use of information submitted and that may be submitted.
Updating Information / Accuracy
As a condition of registration of a domain, you must provide and keep up to date your registration information within seven (7) days of any changes to this information. This can be changed within the client area.
When renewing your domain, you may be required to provide different information. If you do not agree to this, your domain may not be renewed.
You understand and agree that the Registrar is required to verify the Registered Name Holder’s contact information. The Domain Name Holder’s failure to verify this information within 15 days would constitute a material breach of this agreement and will result in the immediate suspension of the Domain name or names and any associated services. You also understand and agree the registrar is required to verify any changes to any WHOIS contact information within 15 days of a change. The Domain Name Holder’s failure to verify such changes within the 15 days constitutes a material breach of this agreement and will result in the suspension of the domain name and associated services.
You are solely responsible for ensuring that your domain name/s & additional services are renewed prior to their expiration dates. Sure Host will send reminders to help but accepts no liability for any costs or losses that result as a consequence of the expiration of the domain name. You will be solely responsible for any costs/charges to recover an expired domain name.
If you have any further queries with regards to domain name registrations, please get in touch: email@example.com